Skillful Talent Series:101 & 102
a Markle Foundation Product
101: Attract the Right Talent
102: Candidate Evaluation
When: May 3, 2023: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Zoom, (link to be shared with registrants)
Cost: FREE to Chamber Members ($30 for Non Members; includes 101, 102, 103, 104)
This session will cover both 101: Attract the Right Talent and 102: Candidate Evaluation.
Do you struggle to find the talent your company needs to grow? Outdated hiring and recruitment methods may be keeping you from finding the skilled workforce you need to succeed.
In 101: Attract the Right Talent, an engaged workshop developed by Markle Foundation (formerly Skillful Colorado) and presented by the Boulder Chamber, you'll learn:
- How to focus your job posting on the skills candidates need to succeed
- Broaden your talent pools to all qualified applicants
- Reduce bias in your hiring process
- Source and recruit the right talent that you're struggling to find
Most companies hire people for their technical skills, but fire them for their lack of soft skills. Research suggests that 75% of success in every job is foundational skills and behaviors, yet, the screening and interview processes tend to concentrate almost entirely on candidate's technical skills. Why? Because it's hard to evaluate candidates for soft skills.
How do you tell the difference between a candidate with great interviewing skills and a candidate who has the skills that will set them up for success in the role?
By emphasizing candidate's skills in the interview and through skill assessments that test for the specific competencies new employees will need to succeed in their role, you'll be able to double the effectiveness of your interview process and choose the candidate most likely to succeed.
In 102: Candidate Evaluation, an interactive workshop developed by Markle Foundation (formerly Skillful Colorado) and presented by the Boulder Chamber, you'll learn how to:
- Avoid losing out on qualified talent in the screening process
- Craft interview questions to elicit candidates' occupational and foundational (also known as "hard" and "soft") skills
- Select and design an assessment to accurately evaluate candidates' skills
This program is valid for a total of 3 PDCs for the SHRM-CP(r) or SHRM-SCP(r).