WEEKLY Heart of Recovery: Addiction Recovery Support & Meditation
Boulder Shambhala Center's
Heart of Recovery: Addiction Recovery Support & Meditation
**This program is offered online via Zoom.**
Zoom link to join. (Or paste zoom.us/j/754013573 into your browser.)
Contact Kara K for password
Email: email@example.com or Cell: 505.459.9646
Heart of Recovery is a group meeting at the Boulder Shambhala Center, focused upon sharing support while bringing together contemplative practice and a commitment to sobriety.
Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program in a familiar and comfortable environment. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
"Sobriety is finding a new way of living that involves engagement where there was withdrawal; generosity where there was self-centeredness; community where there was isolation; joy where there was bitterness; trust where there was cynicism."
?Kevin Griffin, One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps
Meeting format includes:
- Sitting meditation practice
- A topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night?s facilitator
- Discussion and exploration by group members
- Sharing our personal experience, strength, and hope
- Dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners from any tradition
- 12 Step practitioners from any program
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors