Job Title: Office Manager
Reports To: VP for Finance and COO
FLSA: Hourly, 40 hours per week
Function: Provides general support for the Boulder Chamber, focusing primarily on internal customer service and operations, but also support for external customer facing projects.
- Work with contractors and staff to keep the building maintained, internally and externally, and functional in a cost efficient manner.
- Manage vendor services and contracts. Prepare a schedule with renewal dates and general terms. Rebid for services and leases as appropriate. Maintain a building maintenance calendar.
- Responsible for supply orders and keeping supplies stocked in accordance with business needs.
- Primary person responsible for keeping common areas organized
- Coordinate logistics for staff and Board meetings including room set up, purchasing food and working with presenters to make sure they have copies and supplies needed for presentation.
- Work with Events team for both internal and external groups to ensure meeting space logistics, including room setup and breakdown, are met both for the group as well as the Chamber and its affiliate partners.
- Identify and provide solutions for day to day general office issues that may arise. Proactively suggest and implement streamlined processes to create efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed when primary front desk employee needs to be away from the reception area. This will include support for lunches, vacations and some time for project work.
- Primary point of contact and resolution for any customer service issues not easily resolved by front desk personnel
- Work with COO on staff recognition and engagement opportunities
- Support administrative requests and projects throughout the organization. Examples range from creation of event support materials such as name tags and table tents, to data entry and validation for our Member Directory, to Boulder Star Card development and sales coordination
- Act as a point person for data entry, maintenance, validation and reporting for our ChamberMaster Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, including event based and monthly data processes.
- Work with COO, and bookkeeping contractors as needed in support of financial processes including revenue and expense tracking, A/R, A/P and expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Associate’s degree preferred, but not required
Experience: 1+ years in business and/or office administrative support preferred
Skills and Abilities
Must be able to interact well with others, and support Boulder Chamber’s priorities around diversity and inclusivity
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of the Boulder Chamber team
- Bilingual/bicultural applicants encouraged
- Strong internal and external customer service and communication skills
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
Must be comfortable using technology and learning new systems
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in importing, exporting, creating, and manipulating various documents within Google Drive.
- Proficient or willing to become proficient in various database, contact management, event management, customer support and content management software and systems used by the Boulder Chamber, specifically including ChamberMaster
- Knowledge of QuickBooks would be helpful
Must be able to work efficiently and effectively
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Solution oriented
- Accurate, thorough and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Must be able to carry out various tasks and meet multiple deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Professionalism in appearance and actions
- Able to provide own transportation for errands and meetings/events (mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate)
Position requires flexibility to work occasional early morning and evening hours for meetings and events
Typical Physical Demands:
Operate normal business office equipment. Must be able to travel efficiently to off-site meeting locations throughout the Boulder area. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
$16 - $18 plus bonus opportunity - dependent on experience
Strong employer subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, LTD, STD, generous paid vacation, 401K matching
REQUIRED: To be considered for this job, please send a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure to include "Office Manager" in the subject line, and your salary requirments.