AWS Backend Developer
Come join a creative team dedicated to making energy more accessible, flexible, and useful for everyone with an outlet. Hygge Power is looking for an experienced backend developer with AWS and IoT expertise to drive the development of their cloud platform, Hygge Power makes OPO (orchestrated power outlet), a plug & play connected hardware device that manages and stores energy so customers can live power interruption free, save money, and reduce their environmental impact.
Currently in Alpha development, this role will be key to a successful beta product and market launch, in addition to continuous updates and growth of the cloud platform through subsequent product releases.
Key Technical Skills:
- Deep expertise and hands on experience with AWS applications and programming languages such as C#, Python and Java
- Architectural development within AWS and AWS products; Lambda, IoT Core, DynamoDB, Redshift, E3
- Deep understanding and hands on experience with databases PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other SQL
- Expertise and hands on experience in IoT development and strategy
- Understanding and implementation of web and device communications protocols (MQTT)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Advanced knowledge of test procedures and experience with automated testing
- Lead the development of a scalable AWS infrastructure to support thousands of IoT devices
- Build databases to capture and log device data
- Build efficient backend features to enable device functionality
- Build API’s and gateways for 3rd party applications and interfaces
- Create test procedures and manage bugs and fixes
- Integrate front-end UI/UX features into applications
- Prepare technical documentation
Hygge Power Inc. is an award-winning tech startup in Boulder, CO that’s raised over $600k to date. We’ve been recognized both locally and abroad as the “future of energy storage” and we’ve partnered with energy providers to accelerate our path to market. Our close-knit team is working to finalize product development in preparation for a utility-sponsored beta pilot in 2019.
Hygge, a danish word meaning coziness, comfort, and warmth, defines our company culture and vision. We’re looking for team members who can see a more hygge future, where not only are people less affected by power outages; when the power is on, they’re living more sustainably and renewably. Join our team!
Hygge Power is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No outside referrals or agencies.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S. No sponsorship will be provided.