Mortgage Loan Assistant II
Elevations Credit Union
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
What's in it for you:
Who we hire:
- Strives to be the best place you’ve ever worked.
- Is currently the #1 mortgage lender for credit unions in Colorado.
- Wins awards such as “Best Mortgage Company,” “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado,” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award,” the only Presidential-level award for performance excellence.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce committed to innovation, excellence, collaboration, and community.
- Supports employees with various physical, mental, and financial wellbeing programs.
- Is dedicated to consistently providing amazing experiences and creating raving fans.
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive commission-based pay structure (with no cap!).
- 6 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Career development, training opportunities, job shadowing, mentoring program, and tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year.
- Paid board affiliations and memberships.
- Personalized onboarding through our Mortgage Sales Concierge.
- In house underwriters and closers.
- Dedicated marketing support from our business development team and a mortgage CRM (Jungo and Bombomb).
- Access to over 300 Colorado real estate events, seminars, and activities that we attend, sponsor, or host each year.
- Relationship processing – a unique team approach to efficiently processing loans.
Who we hire:
- Here at Elevations, we look for self-motivated, driven, organized, professional individuals who thrive in a team-oriented, member-centric environment.
- To succeed in this position, you must leave your ego at the door, hold yourself accountable, and recognize the value you bring while acknowledging that this is not a one-person show.
- We are a member-focused organization that strives to create solutions for a better life. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
Summary/Objective:Consistently contributes to the success of the Mortgage Loan Officer and their team by meeting standards of excellence in project management, marketing, analytical and administrative support. Additionally, a Mortgage Loan Assistant II supports the loan officer by taking application information and providing phone/email coverage when the LO is away from the office with supervision by LOA Supervisor and/or another loan officer.
Essential Functions include:
- Take ownership of the mortgage loan process from application to funding, acting as project manager with minimal supervision
- Interact with members, loan officers, fellow LOA’s, processors, underwriters, closers, title agents and real estate professionals in a collaborative and professional manner
- Schedule and attend pipeline meetings for loans in process
- Communicate loan progress to borrower and real estate agents
- Effectively manage purchase contract and lock expiration dates, anticipating areas of concern and bringing them to the attention of the loan officer and processor, assist as needed to meet those deadlines
- Prepare and submit appraisal reconsiderations, rapid rescore requests and loan committee reviews with guidance from loan officer, or LOA Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining TRID compliance in providing mortgage disclosures throughout the process
- Continued knowledge development of loan origination software, compliance requirements, ECU systems and procedures, loan structure/pricing and underwrite guidelines
- Develop and create best practices for SOPs, workflows and loan origination software
- Prepare and implement marketing ideas and support to expand loan officer referral partners and book of business
- Assist mortgage operations staff, as needed
- Maintain a professional work environment and business-like appearance
- Exemplify the Elevations Credit Union culture and core values in all workplace interactions and settings
- Adhere to all Federal/State laws and governing regulations applicable to mortgages and the credit union
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Reports to:Mortgage LOA Manager
Manages:This role does not have supervisory responsibility
Required Competencies:Building Partnerships, Planning and Organizing, Influencing, Quality Orientation, Decision Making, Work Standards
Required Education and Experience:
- Equivalent to a high school education
- Minimum two years mortgage experience
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines, mortgage regulations and TRID compliance
- Familiarity with mortgage loan programs, structure, options and pricing
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, discretion and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Candidate must have an ability to foster positive work relationships with people both inside and outside the organization.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Mortgage sales experience preferred