Mortgage Loan Originator
Elevations Credit Union
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
What's in it for you:
Who we hire:
- Strives to be the best place you’ve ever worked.
- Is currently the #1 mortgage lender for credit unions in Colorado.
- Wins awards such as “Best Mortgage Company,” “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado,” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award,” the only Presidential-level award for performance excellence.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce committed to innovation, excellence, collaboration, and community.
- Supports employees with various physical, mental, and financial wellbeing programs.
- Is dedicated to consistently providing amazing experiences and creating raving fans.
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive commission-based pay structure (with no cap!).
- 6 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Career development, training opportunities, job shadowing, mentoring program, and tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year.
- Paid board affiliations and memberships.
- Personalized onboarding through our Mortgage Sales Concierge.
- In house underwriters and closers.
- Dedicated marketing support from our business development team and a mortgage CRM (Jungo and Bombomb).
- Access to over 300 Colorado real estate events, seminars, and activities that we attend, sponsor, or host each year.
- Relationship processing – a unique team approach to efficiently processing loans.
Who we hire:
- Here at Elevations, we look for self-motivated, driven, organized, professional individuals who thrive in a team-oriented, member-centric environment.
- To succeed in this position, you must leave your ego at the door, hold yourself accountable, and recognize the value you bring while acknowledging that this is not a one-person show.
- We are a member-focused organization that strives to create solutions for a better life. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
Summary/Objective:Originates mortgage loans in an assigned territory; develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval using laptop technology. Remains front line contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. The salary for this position is 100% commission.
Essential Functions include:
- Interviews and assists members. Inputs loan applications into on-line loan system. Monitors on-line queue of member originated loans. Reviews files for completeness and accuracy. Communicates with loan processor/closer regarding any outstanding items and/or additional documentation needed. Requests additional information. Communicates terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member. Delivers Good Faith Estimate/ TIL disclosures within 72 hours of application date.
- Assists with processing and loan closing coordination with member.
- Cross-sells other credit union services.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Reports to:Mortgage Sales Manager
Manages:This role does not have supervisory responsibility
Required Competencies:Driving Successful Customer Engagements, Initiating Action, Creating Demand through Insight, Sustaining Customer Satisfaction, Adaptability, Sales Negotiation, Authenticity, Continuous Learning, Sales Negotiation, Work Standards, High-Impact Communication, Advancing Sales Discussions, Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills, Coaching the Sales Team
Required Education and Experience:
- Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school
- Minimum of two years of current mortgage experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHLMC, FHA, and VA, PC Lender and Mortgage processing systems desired.