QBO and QB Desktop Consultant - Full-Cycle Bookkeeping
Hello and thank you for your interest!
St. Vrain Financial is a contract accounting business that helps businesses and business owners along the Front Range with bookkeeping, sales tax, special projects, and more.
And we're growing... rapidly! Currently a team of six, we need to add an accounting expert who can lead engagements and continue to build our reputation of trust and respect.
Are you passionate about small business? Do you love working with business owners to make their dreams a reality? If yes, we’re looking for you!
· A person of high integrity with work ethic, focus, resourcefulness, initiative, follow through, attention to detail, and refined judgement
· Able to work full-time
· Interested in cleaning books that have been neglected, misused, or are otherwise messy and inaccurate
· Able to design, implement, maintain, and manage processes and procedures
· An Excel power user (macros, pivot tables, vlookup, sumifs, etc.)
· Someone who thoroughly understand all aspects of full-cycle accounting, both conceptually and practically: revenue and accounts receivable, expenses and accounts payable, cost of goods sold and inventory, payroll, sales tax, 1099 reporting, detail review and analysis of the general ledger, balance sheet review and reconciliation, journal entry posting, month end close
· A respected expert in QuickBooks Desktop and QBO (QuickBooks Online) with extensive experience in reporting, job costing, inventory, research, cleanup, reorganization, report and file scrubbing, etc.
· Willing to obtain the QBO ProAdvisor certification prior to employment
· Experienced in
o High-level accounting roles such as President, Vice President, CFO, Controller, etc.
o Establishing, growing, and managing an accounting team or department
o Business lending, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, venture capital
· Comfortable working from your home office having very fast internet and few distractions
o We mostly work remotely from home and occasionally from the client’s place of business
o You are the master of your schedule – uphold meetings and meet deadlines you agree to and otherwise work when it’s most preferable
You would be primarily responsible for catching up and cleaning up messy books, implementing workflows, and ongoing accounting work (regular recurring bookkeeping, month end close, sales tax, payroll). It is very autonomous, entrepreneurial, and fast paced. And it requires confidence, pleasantness, and a customer service focus.
We currently have very little capacity for training and coaching our team members – you need to be able to jump right in and go. For example, if one of our managers (who are also our onboarding specialists) is ready to handoff an account, you would receive a Teams working session invitation to meet with the manager. During this working session you would be briefed on the client and the expectations of the account (who, what, when, where, how often, etc.). Then you would accept responsibility for the account and the work required. The manager would remain available to you throughout the life of the account for questions and assistance, but not for in-depth teaching (such as how to use QBO or basic accounting principles).
For consideration, please send your resume with a note briefly describing why you are interested and a great candidate.
Thanks again! We look forward to hearing from you.
Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Health insurance
Supplemental Pay: Commission pay
Health and dental insurance offered the first of the month following the first occurrence of 24 hours worked each week for four consecutive weeks. St. Vrain Financial covers 50% of employee premiums.
401k has a three month waiting period.
- How many years of Microsoft Excel experience do you have?
- For this job, are you able to commute or relocate to Longmont, CO?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- Do you have a valid CPA license?
- How many years of management experience do you have?
- How many years of full-cycle transactional accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of QBO experience do you have?
- How many years of QuickBooks Desktop experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have a valid QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisor certificate?
- Do you have a valid QBO ProAdvisor certificate?