JOB POSTING: IT SPECIALIST
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you inspired to create positive change in our local
community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment in a
values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might
be the place for you!
Our dynamic and community-centered organization is looking to add a skilled, conscientious,
and resourceful IT Specialist to the team. The primary role of this position is to provide
system management and desktop support while ensuring the organization’s technology fully
supports its mission. As the IT Specialist, you’ll work most closely with the Senior Director of
Operations, while also interacting with staff throughout the agency, and within a top-notch
Operations Team. As the backbone of all computer-related technology at the Boulder JCC, the
IT Specialist will provide technical support to over 70 employees and ensure systems are
running effectively and efficiently.
The position requires an affinity to work both independently and collaboratively to reach the
best solutions, efficiently and effectively handling varied requests, and proactively
anticipating changing needs. In addition to being organized and detail-oriented this position
depends on your analytical skills, discretion and confidentiality, and the ability to
Please note that due to safety concerns of COVID-19, this position will onboard and begin
working remotely with some on-site hours required. We expect this position to work the
majority of hours on-site once it is safe to do so, with the ability to continue to stay
connected and work remotely when necessary.
• Apply systems analysis and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine
hardware, software, or system functional specifications
• Responsible for effective operation, installation/configuration, and maintenance of
the organization’s day-to-day Information Management infrastructure, including:
• Windows/Mac workstations
• Servers and Active Directory management
• Printers, copiers, and scanners
• Information Security & Backup systems
• Firewall and Antivirus management and updates
• Office WiFi and network
• Desktop Phone System
• Audio-Visual & Teleconferencing solutions
• Wide range of account administration duties – provisioning/deprovisioning
accounts, lockouts, password management, access controls
• Other office, software, server, and desktop related peripherals and equipment
• Development, documentation, and analysis of computer systems and procedures,
based on and related to user or system design specifications and platform
• Respond to staff requests to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with
computer workstations and other IT systems
• Perform routine updates and patching of computers to address vulnerabilities and
meet security requirements
• Inventory and tracking of all computer/network related hardware (tag and record
equipment, track warranty info, maintain equipment documentation folders, track
• Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades, or
replacements to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment.
• Anticipate cost of replacing or updating equipment and handle purchasing
• Support onboarding of new employees and provide ongoing training for all employees
on computer and software systems, policies, and information access.
• Work with contracted IT firm to support Network Administration
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position works primarily during normal business hours, typically Mon-Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
with some flexibility. Due to safety concerns of COVID-19, this position will onboard virtually
and begin working remotely with some on-site hours required. The health and safety of our
staff is our top priority. As such, we have put extensive COVID-19 policies and procedures in
place for employees working on-site, and continue to have all employees whose jobs can be
performed remotely to continue to work off-site. You will be provided a laptop, and need to
establish a space with stable internet connectivity from which to work during business hours.
We expect this position to work the majority of hours on-site once it is safe to do so, with the
ability to continue to stay connected and work remotely when necessary. While performing
regular duties, you will be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, or kneel, and to lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position with a salary range of $41,500-$45,000
commensurate with experience. The benefits currently include medical, dental, vision,
disability, life, and access to reimbursement account (HSA) with generous employer
contributions, as well as paid vacation time and holidays, 403b retirement plan, staff
discounts, and more.
Applications are accepted online here . Once you submit your application, our HR Manager
will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this
position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Boulder JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are considered for employment
without regard to without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Boulder JCC’s mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and
traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange
ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to
community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful
experiences and philanthropy.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience supporting Mac and Windows desktop/laptop PCs
• 2+ years experience with Active Directory administration
• Experience with Google Apps G Suite administration, VoIP phone systems, firewalls,
and physical security systems
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on desktop and
• Proficiency installing software, patches, updates on desktops and laptops
• Clear, professional, and effective communications
• Excellent organization and attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to
• Strong time management, i.e., the ability to move easily between responsibilities and
to effectively prioritize and manage own schedule and workload