Direct Care Staff
JOB TITLE Direct Care Staff
REPORTS TO Program Manager
FSLA STATUS Part Time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION Boulder, CO
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Direct Care staff provide 24-hour supervision and daily care for the youth and young adults receiving services and/or living at TGTHR. Our Direct Care employees play an integral role in providing structure for residents through the use of a cognitive behavioral program including the facilitation of groups, behavior management, building relationships with youth, providing consistency, and supporting life-skills acquisition.
- Commitment to building a culture of mutual accountability, liberation, and respect. Adherence to TGTHR's core values of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Create and maintain a safe, supportive living environment.
- Consistently apply program policies through use of established behavior modification plan(s).
- Participate in and facilitate youth groups.
- Employ crisis intervention techniques with program participants as needed.
- Assist in development and implementation of program participant's behavior plan(s).
- Work with assigned program participants in the role of “sponsor” to further assist in providing case management of their file and providing one-on-one communication with the resident regarding placement progress.
- Write placement and discharge summaries as they are due.
- Monitor and record administration of medication.
- Enter program participant's daily information into the database, staff communication log and individual resident files including progress toward goals; summary of daily interactions and behavior; groups, events, and contacts.
- Hold program participants consistently accountable for behavior while empowering them to make changes.
- Show and give nurturance and empathy in a non-judgmental manner while maintaining clear professional boundaries.
- Maintain consistent implementation of program expectations.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Facilitate telephone screenings and intake questionnaires.
- Monitor and record progress of school and/or work for program participants.
- Transport participants in agency vehicles to necessary appointments and recreational activities.
- Assist with daily living skills including meals, chores, & organizational skills while maintaining a safe and clean living environment.
- Accurately report behavior in relation to program expectations
- Support staff in working from a team approach while making group decisions.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Accept and act upon feedback from team members and supervisor(s).
- Maintain open communication with the program participant treatment team, including case workers, probation officers, parents and others involved in the program participants’ case.
- Attend any external trainings as needed and seek out external trainings to promote your own, and the agencies’ development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Experience and knowledge of social justice issues, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, gender, sexuality, ability, immigration, and socioeconomics.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check in accordance with local, state, and federal laws
- BA/BS in a Social Science or related field OR 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, overnight shifts; scheduled and emergency short notice shifts.
- Prior experience with homeless and/or vulnerable populations a plus.
- TGTHR employees are expected to support our mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of public trust.
- Valid driver’s license
TGTHR offers competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and accident insurance, paid time off/sick leave/parental leave/paid holidays/bereavement leave, employee assistance program/counseling services, development and educational opportunities and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Salary Range: $18.00/per hour
Email resume and cover letter to: hrcontact@TGTHR.org with the subject line “(Direct Care Staff)”.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age (40 or older), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, belief, religion, creed, ability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related conditions), family or parental status, military or veteran status […], or any other status protected by the federal, state, and local laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. For youth between the ages of 12-24 we provide employment assistance, education programs, supportive housing, short-term housing, long-term housing navigation, support and inclusivity groups, family coaching services, life-skills development, mental and physical wellness support, and an array of individual and group activities.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
TGTHR consciously and continuously strives to create a diverse and inclusive organization. We are dedicated to the promotion of social justice, equity, inclusivity, and non-violence for all individuals.
We are a not-for-profit organization, registered as a 501(c)3. For more information, visit www.TGTHR.org.
If you’re inspired by our mission and values, and committed to helping underserved populations, we’d love to have you join us in this effort!